School counselors have a critical role in helping prepare Texas students for success. Counselors provide access for students to information regarding career awareness and planning with respect to an individual's occupational and academic future, and providing information with respect to career options, financial aid, and postsecondary options.
Career Cluster Pages
Each CTE career cluster page provides counselors with information on career cluster pathways, teacher resources, professional associations and CTSOs, career cluster news, and other resources.
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (AFNR) Career Cluster
- Architecture and Construction Career Cluster
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications Career Cluster
- Business Marketing and Finance Career Cluster
- Education and Training Career Cluster
- Energy Career Cluster
- Health Science Career Cluster
- Hospitality and Tourism Career Cluster
- Human Services Career Cluster
- Information Technology Career Cluster
- Law and Public Service Career Cluster
- Manufacturing Career Cluster
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Career Cluster
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Career Cluster
CTE Counselor Helpful Links
Guide your CTE students to their future career with these helpful resources.
- Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN) the Texas Education Agency (TEA) provides online courses to eligible students through TXVSN. The TXVSN is made up of two components—the course catalog and the full-time online schools.
- Student Career Exploration Binder: helpful links to high-quality resources to counsel and guide students in their exploration of colleges, careers, and military options after high school.
- Student Counseling Resource Binder: explore links to student personal interest inventory sites, to help students see connections between their interests, high-school and college programs, and careers.
- ASCA National Standards for Students American School Counselor Association
- CareerOneStop: High quality newly-emerging career videos the mission of this site is to deliver integrated, easy-to-understand workforce information that helps job seekers, students, workers, workforce intermediaries, and employers develop their capacity and make sound economic decisions in the new economy.
- Career and Technical Association of Texas (CTAT)
- Graduation Toolkit - provides details about the Foundation High School Program, benefits and explanation of the Distinguished Level of achievement option, endorsement choices, checklists and resources.
- Labor Market Career Information Texas Workforce Commission Products and services offered by LMCI are geared towards helping parents, young adults, and children explore the world of career choices and opportunities.
- National Career Development Guidelines Framework – National Career Development Association
- O*NET Online Detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
- Occupational Outlook Handbook The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) provides information on jobs, training and education, earnings, and job prospects for a wide range of occupations.
- Texas Career Check Texas Career Check offers information on hundreds of job titles, pay information, and future projected jobs, this interactive website can help answer your education and career exploration questions.
- Texas GEARUP A site for students to explore resources to answer all your burning college questions, watch videos of kids who've overcome some of the same challenges you may be facing, get the full scoop on your dream career, and so much more. Just think of it all as an extra boost on the way to making the rest of your life seriously awesome.
- Texas Internship Challenge The Texas Internship Challenge is a partnership between the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Texas Education Agency (TEA) and The Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), who challenge employers to offer paid internships and make it easy for students to search and apply for them.
- Texas OnCourse Free, interactive online resources support counselors, advisers and educators and help families and students make informed choices.
- Texas Reality Check It's difficult to predict the future, but it's never too early to start planning for it. Texas Reality Check will show you how much your living expenses will cost, and the amount of money you will need to earn to pay for them.
- TEXASgenuine Explore career fields and the college programs that get you there!
- Industry-Based Certifications Find industry-based certifications where students acquire the skills and learning needed for success in business and industry.