Teachers are the most important in-school factor affecting student outcomes. CTE teachers deliver meaningful coursework and provide opportunities for work-based learning through internships, job shadowing, mentorships, and networking with local community leaders.
Career Cluster Pages
Each CTE career cluster page provides teachers with information on career cluster pathways, teacher resources, professional associations and CTSOs, career cluster news, and other resources.
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (AFNR) Career Cluster
- Architecture and Construction Career Cluster
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications Career Cluster
- Business Management and Administration Career Cluster
- Education and Training Career Cluster
- Finance Career Cluster
- Government and Public Administration Career Cluster
- Health Science Career Cluster
- Hospitality and Tourism Career Cluster
- Human Services Career Cluster
- Information Technology Career Cluster
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security Career Cluster
- Manufacturing Career Cluster
- Marketing Career Cluster
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Career Cluster
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Career Cluster
Provide workforce information to your students, to help them plan their future success.
Career and Technical Student Organizations
Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs) play an integral part in a student’s career and technical education. CTSOs enrich student learning that starts in the classroom, build strong partnerships between industries and future employees, and provide future career experience that students carry into their careers and communities.
- Business Professionals of America (BPA) - Texas
- DECA, Texas Association
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- SkillsUSA Texas
- Texas Association of Future Educators
- Texas FFA Association
- Texas Technology Students Association (TSA)
- National Technical Honor Society
Other CTE Related Organizations
CTE Teacher Helpful Links
Career and Technical Education (CTE) New Teacher Mentoring Program
The CTE New Teacher Mentoring Program offers ongoing mentoring and induction-type professional development, including help with lesson planning, assessments, curricular materials, and classroom management, through year-long mentoring activities and just-in-time assistance for new CTE teachers.
Additional Teacher Information
- CTE TEKS Implementation Online Professional Development Courses
- Work-based Learning Courses
- New CTE TEKS - Chapter 127 Career Development and Chapter 130 Career and Technical Education
- CTE 101 Course
- CTE Lesson Plans
- Gateway CTE courses for science and mathematics graduation credit
- State Adopted Instructional Materials
- CTE Events Calendar
CTE Teacher Associations
CTE teacher professional associations provide professional development opportunities and build strong teaching networks. Enhance your career by joining a CTE teacher professional association below.
- Career and Technical Association of Texas (CTAT)
- Cosmetology Instructors in Public Schools (Coming Soon)
- Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers Association of Texas (FCSTAT)
- Hospitality Educators Association of Texas (HEAT)
- Texas Automotive Instructors Association (TAIA)
- Texas Business and Technology Educators Association (TBTEA)
- Texas Health Occupations Association (THOA)
- Texas Industrial Vocational Association (TIVA)
- Texas Public Service Teacher Association (TxPSTA)
- Vocational Agriculture Teachers Association of Texas (VATAT)
- Career and Technical Association of Texas - Technology and Engineering Instructional Council
- Career and Technical Association of Texas - Marketing Instructional Council
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE)
- National Consortium on Health Science and Technology Education (NCHSE)
- National Partnership for Careers in Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security (NP)
CTE Teacher Career Information
Career guidance is a school-wide responsibility. CTE teachers can take a more active role in advising students about career choices. Guide your CTE students to their future career with these helpful resources.
- ASCA National Standards for Students American School Counselor Association
- CareerOneStop: High quality newly-emerging career videos the mission of this site is to deliver integrated, easy-to-understand workforce information that helps job seekers, students, workers, workforce intermediaries, and employers develop their capacity and make sound economic decisions in the new economy.
- Graduation Toolkit - provides details about the Foundation High School Program, benefits and explanation of the Distinguished Level of achievement option, endorsement choices, checklists and resources.
- Labor Market Career Information Texas Workforce Commission Products and services offered by LMCI are geared towards helping parents, young adults, and children explore the world of career choices and opportunities.
- National Career Development Guidelines Framework – National Career Development Association
- O*NET Online Detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
- Occupational Outlook Handbook The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) provides information on jobs, training and education, earnings, and job prospects for a wide range of occupations.
- Texas Career Check Texas Career Check offers information on hundreds of job titles, pay information, and future projected jobs. This interactive website can help answer your education and career exploration questions.
- Texas GEARUp A site for students explore resources to answer all your burning college questions, watch videos of kids who've overcome some of the same challenges you may be facing, get the full scoop on your dream career, and so much more. Just think of it all as an extra boost on the way to making the rest of your life seriously awesome.
- Texas Internship Challenge The Texas Internship Challenge is a partnership between the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Texas Education Agency (TEA) and The Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), who challenge employers to offer paid internships and make it easy for students to search and apply for them.
- Texas OnCourse Free, interactive online resources support counselors, advisers and educators and help families and students make informed choices.
- Texas Reality Check It's difficult to predict the future, but it's never too early to start planning for it. Texas Reality Check will show you how much your living expenses will cost, and the amount of money you will need to earn to pay for them.
- TEXASgenuine Explore career fields and the college programs that get you there!