The Hospitality and Tourism Career Cluster® focuses on the management, marketing, and operations of restaurants and other food/beverage services, lodging, attractions, recreation events, and travel-related services. Students learn knowledge and skills focusing on communication, time management, and customer service that meet industry standards. Students will explore the history of the hospitality and tourism industry and examine characteristics needed for success in that industry.
Career Cluster Pathways
The Hospitality and Tourism Career Cluster® has four career cluster pathways to guide students to their desired occupation in this field.
- Restaurants and Food/Beverage Services
- Travel and Tourism
- Recreation, Amusement and Attractions
Source: Advance CTE
To help students learn more about careers in Hospitality and Tourism, download and distribute the Hospitality and Tourism College and Career Planning Guide.
Follow the links below to teaching resources related to this career cluster.
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Programs of Study
- Course Pages
- Advanced Culinary Arts
- Culinary Arts
- Food Science
- Hospitality Services
- Hotel Management
- Introduction to Culinary Arts
- Practicum in Culinary Arts
- Practicum in Culinary Arts/Extended Practicum in Culinary Arts
- Practicum in Hospitality Services
- Practicum in Hospitality Services/Extended Practicum in Hospitality Services
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism Management
Hospitality and tourism teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to careers in this career cluster:
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- US Travel Association
- Hospitality Educators Association of Texas
- Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers Association of Texas
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education
Career Cluster News
Stay on top of current CTE practices and news by attending conferences in the hospitality and tourism field.
FCSTAT Professional Development Conference
July 30, - August 3, 2018
July 30, - August 3, 2018
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides workforce development services and resources to Texas employers and job seekers.
Take a few moments to bookmark the following TWC resources to explore later: