Business, Marketing, and Finance Career Cluster
Programs of Study
Statewide Programs of Study
- Accounting and Financial Services
- Business Management
- Marketing and Sales
Regional Programs of Study
- Retail Management
Approved statewide CTE Programs of Study information is available on the TEA website, including “at-a-glance” spreadsheets with coherent course sequences, an overview of programs of study, and course alignment recommendations. Regional CTE Programs of Study approved region information is also available on the website.
Business Teacher Resources
Follow the links below to business teaching resources related to this career cluster.
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Programs of Study
- Course Pages
- Business English
- Business Information Management I
- Business Information Management II
- Business Information I/Business Lab
- Business Information II/Business Lab
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Global Business
- Human Resources Management
- Practicum in Business Management
- Practicum in Business Management/Extended Practicum in Business Management
- Principles of Business, Marketing, and Finance
- Touch System Data Entry
- Virtual Business
Marketing Teacher Resources
Follow the links below to marketing teaching resources related to this career cluster.
Finance Teacher Resources
Follow the links below to finance teaching resources related to this career cluster.
Business, Marketing, and Finance teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to business management and administration careers:
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE)
- Business Marketing Association
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Sales and Marketing Executive International
- Texas Business and Technology Educators Association
Career Cluster News
Stay on top of current practices and news by attending conferences in the business field.
Here are a few upcoming events:
TBTEA Cluster Conference
On the Beam: Finding a Balance Between Humanity and Technology
November 2, 2018
SFA Rusche College of Business, SFASU
Business Professionals of America Texas Fall Conference
Fall Leadership Conferences: These conferences are hosted across the state usually in October and November. They are currently in the planning stages.
NBEA 2018 Annual Convention
Watch for information on this event as it becomes available
FBLA State Leadership Conference (SLC)
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides workforce development services and resources to Texas employers and job seekers.
Take a few moments to bookmark the following TWC resources to explore later:
Additional resources related to careers in business management and administration: