State Career Cluster Pages
Programs of Study
Statewide Programs of Study
Approved statewide CTE Programs of Study information is available on the TEA website, including “at-a-glance” spreadsheets with coherent course sequences, an overview of programs of study, and course alignment recommendations.
Careers in the Military
Navigate the Careers in the Military website for related military occupations to this career cluster.
Follow the links below to teaching resources.
- Advanced Instrumentation and Electrical
- Applied Mathematics for Technical Professionals
- Career Preparation I
- Foundations of Energy
- Introduction to Instrumentation and Electrical (Innovative Course)
- Introduction to Process Technology
- Occupational Safety and Environmental Technology I
- Occupational Safety and Environmental Technology II
- Oil and Gas Production I
- Oil and Gas Production II
- Oil and Gas Production III
- Oil and Gas Production IV
- Petrochemical Safety, Health, and Environment
- Practicum in Energy
- Project-Based Research
Energy teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to energy careers:
Career and technical student organizations (CTSOs) provide students with additional opportunities to acquire and demonstrate skills and abilities related to their chosen career field.