Career Cluster Pages
Programs of Study
Statewide Programs of Study
Approved statewide CTE Programs of Study information is available on the TEA website, including “at-a-glance” spreadsheets with coherent course sequences, an overview of programs of study, and course alignment recommendations.
Careers in the Military
Follow the links below to teaching resources related to this career cluster.
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Programs of Study
- Course Pages
- Advanced Culinary Arts
- Culinary Arts
- Food Science
- Hospitality Services
- Hotel Management
- Introduction to Culinary Arts
- Practicum in Culinary Arts
- Practicum in Culinary Arts/Extended Practicum in Culinary Arts
- Practicum in Hospitality Services
- Practicum in Hospitality Services/Extended Practicum in Hospitality Services
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism Management
Hospitality and tourism teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to careers in this career cluster:
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- US Travel Association
- Hospitality Educators Association of Texas
- Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers Association of Texas
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides workforce development services and resources to Texas employers and job seekers.
Take a few moments to bookmark the following TWC resources to explore later: