Law Enforcement I
Law Enforcement I
- Clusters: Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Pathways: Law Enforcement Services
- Courses: Law Enforcement I
- Grade range: 9, 10, 11, 12, Postsecondary
- Release date: 12-14-2017
- Tags: Constitutional, Bill of Rights, Court System, Civil, Criminal Law, Civil Courts, Criminal Courts, Arrests, Miranda rights, Constitutional Rights, Law enforcement, Criminal Procedure, Texas penal codes, Sexual offenses, Communication, Drugs, Controlled Substances, Drug Dependence, Drug Tests, Drug Evidence, Victims' rights, Crime Victims, Witness Protection Program, Victim and Witness Protection Act, Victims of Crime Act, Victims Rights and Restitution Act, Child Victims Bill of Rights, Victim Rights Clarification Act, Ethics, Moral development, Values, State, Federal, Community-Oriented Policing, Procedural law, Texas Penal Code, Criminal Defenses, Crimes, Punishments, Criminal Defense, Cultural Diversity, Prejudice, Race, Racism, Stereotypes, Miranda Warning, Due Process, Law Enforcement I, Interrogation, Miranda v. Arizona, Assault, Kidnapping, Smuggling, Restraint, Criminal Investigations, Building Search, Juvenile law, Traffic Stop, Phonetic alphabet, Felony, Felony Traffic Stop, Police reports, Investigation, Burglary, Evidence Collection, Ethical Standards, Criminal, Investigations, Forensic Science, Fingers Prints, Latent Prints, Crime Investigation, Property offenses, Penal Code, Charges, Recommended Prerequisites Principles of Law, Public Safety, Corrections, Security, Community Policing, Local
Law Enforcement I is an overview of the history, organization, and functions of local, state, and federal law enforcement. Students will understand the role of constitutional law at local, state, and federal levels; the U.S. legal system; criminal law; and law enforcement terminology and the classification and elements of crime.
This binder does not contain all lesson plans for this course. This content can be used with any textbook or instructional materials. If locally adapted, make sure all TEKS are covered.