The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Career Cluster® focuses on planning, managing, and providing scientific research and professional and technical services, including laboratory and testing services, and research and development services.
Career Cluster Pathways
The STEM Career Cluster® has two career cluster pathways to guide students to their desired occupation in architecture and construction.
- Engineering and Technology
- Science and Mathematics
Source: Advance CTE
To help students learn more about STEM careers, download and distribute the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics College and Career Planning Guide.
Follow the links below to teaching resources related to this career cluster.
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Programs of Study
- Course Pages
- AC/DC Electronics
- Biotechnology l
- Biotechnology ll
- Digital Electronics
- Engineering Design and Presentation l
- Engineering Design and Presentation ll
- Engineering Design and Problem Solving
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Science
- Practicum in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Practicum in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics/Extended Practicum in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Principles of Applied Engineering
- Principles of Biosciences
- Principles of Technology
- Robotics l
- Robotics ll
- Scientific Research and Design
- Solid State Electronics
STEM teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to STEM careers:
- Association of Texas Professional Educators (ATPE)
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- Texas Technology and Engineering Educators
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- The American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Texas Section Mathematical Association of America (TSMAA)
- Texas Industrial Vocational Association (TIVA)
Career Cluster News
Stay on top of current practices and news by attending conferences in the STEM field.
Here are a few upcoming events:
SkillsUSA Texas State Conference
April 5-8, 2018
Corpus Christi, TX
2018 TIVA Summer Professional Development Conference
July 16-20, 2018
April 12-14, 2018 - Atlanta, Georgia
The theme for ITEEA’s 80th Annual Conference focuses on building bridges within the STEM community and beyond. Building bridges helps everyone to understand the important role technology and engineering contributes to STEM education.
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides workforce development services and resources to Texas employers and job seekers.
Take a few moments to bookmark the following TWC resources to explore later: